Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Professional Scenario

Let's take the cat out of the bag !

Since I have started working as Chef de Cuisine at Villa Maria , The Vineyard, around a month ago,  I have started to adjust to the new lifestyle, work schedules, driving longer distances and training other members of the team, among other things. I was never a person who finds it difficult to adapt and here it is certainly no exception. The minor challenge is getting familiar with the equipment and kitchen layout and the major challenge is FEELING rather than knowing what each particular customer's expectations are so that you can surpass them.
It is all about surprising clients and making them feel that they are getting more ( as a culinary experience ) than they are actually expecting and paying for. In this respect, I feel that I have so far succeeded, even though most of the feedback I get is through the owners rather than through the clients themselves.

Even though it is early days still, I can feel I am at home here, in my element, so to speak. This is partly due to the fact that the owner of the Villa / Restaurant shares with me the passion for good, genuine food presented in a professional modern style. We do not yet have any laurels to sit on as a team, and even if we had, we would not, because we like to keep ourselves on our toes, in the fast lane, on the cutting edge.

We never rest because we believe that a Chef is as good as his last meal and that our best achievements are still in the future. That is looking forward for you !

No comments:

Post a Comment